Parish Council‎ > ‎Minutes‎ > ‎

April 11, 2016

Clayhidon Parish Council Meeting

held in the Parish Hall at 7.30pm on 11th April 2016

Subject

Action

    

1.                      Present 

Mr R Kallaway (Chair), Mr M Bendle, Mr R Drew, Mrs S Hay, Mr G Langford, Mrs A Weekes, Mr F Rosamond (District Councillor), Mr R Radford (County Councillor) and Mrs D Evans (Parish Clerk), and 4 members of the public.

Apologies Mr A Hill

 

2.               Declarations of Interest

None declared.

 

3.               Minutes from Previous Meetings

3.1     PROPOSALThe Council minutes of the meeting of 8th February 2016 are approved. 

 PROPOSED:  Mr G Langford 

 SECONDED:  Mr M Bendle

 DECISION: passed (all in favour)

3.2       PROPOSALThe Council minutes of the meeting of 14th March 2016 are approved, subject to the correction of a misspelt name.

 PROPOSED:  Mr G Langford 

 SECONDED:  Mr M Bendle

 DECISION: passed (all in favour)

 

4.               Matters Arising

4.1      Ten Oaks Planning Application 15/01622/FULL – this application will go to an informal hearing, date to be advised.  Any further comment/information must be supplied to the Planning Inspectorate by 20th April 2016.  We await news of the date and will consider whether a councillor should attend. 

 

 

5.               Blackdown Hills AONB

Lisa Turner, Planning Officer Blackdown Hills AONB, informed the meeting of her role in the planning process.  An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) is a landscape which is considered sufficiently precious to be protected on behalf of the nation. The criteria for designation of AONB status include valuable wildlife, habitats, geology, heritage, and scenic views.  There are 38 AONBs in England and Wales.  The Blackdown Hills was designated an AONB in 1991.  The AONB has an advisory role in the planning process and is not a consultee on all planning applications.  Lisa explained that living in an AONB does not mean there will be no development.  The AONB’s primary purpose is to conserve and enhance the landscape.

 

6.               Planning

The following applications were considered:-

6.1          16/00402/CLU – Certificate of Lawfulness for existing residential dwelling and associated        garden for a period in excess of 4 years.  Hill Farm, Clayhidon.

The council has no comment to make on the application. 

The following refusal noted:-

6.2      15/01891/FULL - Variation of condition 1 of Planning Permission 10/00160/FULL to allow occupation of the caravan by Mrs G Board.  Wiltown Mobile Home, Clayhidon.

The following approval noted:-

6.3      16/00021/FULL - Erection of cabinet to house observation borehole measuring groundwater levels, and surrounding fence.  Smeatharpe, Clayhidon

The following discharge of conditions noted for:-

6.4      15/01246/FULL - Conversion of barn to dwelling (Revised scheme).  Gladhayes Farm, Clayhidon.  A sample panel of between 1 and 2 square metres in size of the proposed stone (indicating colour, texture, pointing, mortar and coursing) to be used for the external walls of the development/works hereby permitted shall be constructed on-site for examination and be approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority prior to its use on the building(s).  Such approved stone colour, texture, pointing, mortar and coursing shall be so used and retained.

 

7.               District Council Report

Councillor Rosamond reported:-

A number of policies and strategies are being reviewed, such as a Play Area Inspection Policy, a Housing Allocation Strategy, Single Equalities Policy, and a Tourism Action Plan.  The council are considering the land allocation reference J27 development.  A consultation on the move of waste and recycling from Tiverton to Willand is commencing shortly.  Discussions with DWP continue reference its possible relocation to Phoenix House.  A provisional date of 25th May has been agreed for the annual State of the District Debate.  The subject will be urban v rural funding.  The Leader has written to two MPs for Devon reference ‘A’ level provision in Mid Devon.  The Chief Executive and Leader will meet with Petroc in the next few weeks.   

 

Mrs F Parker informed the meeting that MDDC Planning Officer was minded to refuse her planning application (16/00302/FULL – Erection of a rural worker’s dwelling.  Cornerways, Rosemary Lane) and asked Councillor F Rosamond for support due to her extenuating circumstances.

 

8.               County Council Report

Councillor Radford reported:-

Waste - Devon`s recycling rank in the top 5 in the Country at 55%, yet are second worse producers of waste, 31st out of 32 waste authorities in the country. Devon produces 7% more waste than the average rate of 367kgs per head of population. This adds £3.25m to the collection and disposal costs.  The TAP funding will again be available as will the locality budget for another year. This next year there will be additional funding available coming from unspent funds from the Investing in Devon Budget.  If there are any potential community projects in need of modest funding, please let Councillor Radford know.  The parish council informed Councillor Radford it supported the proposals reference diversion of footpath 14 Ringdown House.   

 

9.               Finance

9.1      Income & Expenditure

Income

1.      

1.10

Interest

2.      

25.00

Printer refund special offer

3.      

600.00

DCC P3 grant

 

Expenditure


 

£

Payee

Reason

1.      

     102.76

DALC

Membership Fee

 

Bank Reconciliation

 

Community a/c

           3,810.35

Business Manager

7,826.65

 

 

Total

          11,637.00

 

 

 

 

PROPOSAL:  that the income is agreed and the above cheques/payments are paid/agreed.

PROPOSED:   Mr G Langford

SECONDED:  Mr M Bendle

DECISION: passed.  (all agreed.)    

 

10.              Correspondence

10.1     Devon Senior Voice Spring Edition noted.

10.2    Letter from DCC reference diversion of footpath 14 Ringdown House noted.

10.3      Letter from DCC reference recommendations for footpath 31, 40 and Routy Lane noted.

10.4     The council completed the ballot paper for the Blackdown Parish Network nominees for the AONB Management Board.

 

11.         Clerk Update

11.1       Annual Return has been received.  The procedure is slightly different to previous years and clerk will provide more information next month.

11.2      The clerk will pass the charity minute book to Mr G Langford and then organise a charity meeting.    

 

 

 

Clerk

12.             Items raised by Chairman

12.1           The chair informed the meeting that the Mary Waldron Trust had not received any applications for funds this year.  This fund assists students in higher and further education (including Richard Huish College) with purchases of books and equipment, including computer requisites.  Those applying should normally be resident in Hemyock or Clayhidon and must have received full time education at one or more of: Hemyock Primary School, Uffculme School and PETROC (East Devon College).  More details can be obtained from the Secretary, Mr Mike Reynolds, Hidon Mill, Clayhidon, EX15 3PL.  Phone 680481 email osprey31@waitrose.com.  Please see village website for more information.

 

13.             Items raised by Councillors

13.1           Mr G Langford reminded the meeting that he has the salt spreaders for Hemyock, Culmstock and Clayhidon parishes which need collecting/distributing.  Clerk to remind Hemyock and Culmstock parish councils.  The Clayhidon spreaders will be distributed to Mr R Drew, Mr G Langford, and Mr R Kallaway who have kindly volunteered to salt some of the roads in extreme conditions.  Mr M Bendle will approach Mr J Bendle to ask if he would agree to take the remaining salt spreader. 

13.2           Mr M Bendle confirmed that Mr Russell Bendle had agreed in principle to the extension of the parking area opposite Parish Hall.  A discussion ensued around planning permission, ownership and access.  It was agreed that Mr R Kallaway would arrange to meet on site with Mr G Weekes (chair of Parish Hall Committee) and Mr Russell Bendle to agree best way forward.  Mr R Kallaway to report back to council. 

13.3           Mrs S Hay reported that the bird boxes have been installed at Wiltown Green.  The wall at Wiltown is being repaired shortly.  The contractor had reported damage to the rear of the wall from water ingress and that this will need attention.  It was agreed that councillors would visit the wall to inspect and clerk to add to agenda for next meeting.  

 

Clerk

 

 

 

MB

 

RK

 

 

 

 

All

Clerk

14.             Date of next meeting  The next council meeting will be The Annual Parish Meeting on Monday 11th April at 7.30pm.  There will be a planning meeting on Monday 9th May at 1.30pm

 

 

Meeting closed at 10.00pm

Signed...........................................................................Date..............................................................................  

Comments