Parish Council‎ > ‎Minutes‎ > ‎

February 2016

Clayhidon Parish Council Meeting

held in the Parish Hall at 7.30pm on 8th February 2016

                                

Subject

Action

1.               Present 

Mr R Kallaway (Chair), Mr M Bendle, Mrs A Weekes, Mr G Langford, Mr A Hill, Mr F Rosamond (District Councillor), Mrs D Evans (Parish Clerk), and 1 member of the public.

Apologies Mr R Radford (County Councillor) and Mrs S Hay.

Absent Mr R Drew

 

2.               Declarations of Interest

None declared.

 

3.               Minutes from Previous Meetings

3.1     PROPOSALThe Council minutes of the meeting of 14th December are approved. 

 PROPOSED:  Mr G Langford 

 SECONDED:  Mr M Bendle

 DECISION: passed (all in favour)

3.2       PROPOSALThe Council minutes of the meeting of 11th January are approved. 

 PROPOSED:  Mr G Langford 

 SECONDED:  Mr M Bendle

 DECISION: passed (all in favour)

A discussion ensued reference the information contained in the minutes of 11th January under agenda item 4.1.  Mrs A Weekes and Mr A Hill, who were not at the meeting, felt that some of the information contained in the minutes was insensitive, inaccurate and misleading.  The meeting was reminded that the council should be agreeing that the minutes are a true reflection of the meeting, not revisiting what was discussed at the meeting.  For the avoidance of doubt, the information contained in the minutes reflected what was proposed and discussed.  The parish council advised MDDC of local information it felt was pertinent to the planning application.   

 

    4.               Matters Arising

4.1      Ten Oaks Planning Application 15/01622/FULL.  Mr G Langford was thanked for his report to the planning committee.  He will attend the next planning meeting on 19th February at 2.15pm.  Mr R Kallaway and others will also attend.   The role that the AONB plays in planning applications was raised and the clerk was asked to invite the AONB planning officer along to a future meeting to advise.

4.2      As requested by a parishioner, the clerk asked for a new grit bin for Grays Lane.  However, Devon Highways will only replace damaged bins and will not  install new ones.  

 

 

 

GL

clerk

            5.               District Council Report

            Councillor Rosamond reported:-

The Cabinet met at Cullompton Town Hall and considered the draft Masterplan Cullompton North West Urban Expansion for 1,100 houses.  The Cabinet also received a report, Landscape implications of Solar Energy Proposals.  Budgets – there are £800k cuts to come.  MDDC is reviewing its leisure services in particular swimming pools.  Car parking charges may increase.  Premier Inn has submitted its planning application for development adjacent to the multi-storey carpark in Tiverton.  The new Chief Executive, Stephen Walford, joins on 15th February.  Clerk to invite him along to a future meeting. 

 

            6.               County Council Report

                Councillor Radford did not send a report.

 

            7.                Planning

Approval for the following application was noted:-

7.1              15/01654/FULL - Change of use of land to allow the siting of 2 holiday lodges.  Barne Farm,Clayhidon.

Refusal of certificate of lawfulness noted for:-

7.2              15/01748/CLU - Mobile Home, Jewells Farm, Hemyock.  Certificate of lawfulness for the use of a mobile home as a dwelling for a period in excess of 10 years.  The council has no comment to make.

Withdrawal of the following application noted:-

7.3              15/01952/FULL – Shalom, Clayhidon.  Erection of single storey extension and dormer window extension to dwelling, conversion and extension of garage to annex.

 

            8.               Finance

8.1      Income & Expenditure

Income

        1.      

52.90

VAT reclaim

        2.      

1.10

Interest

        3.      

391.65

Transparency grant

 

Expenditure

 

£

Payee

Reason

        1.      

      25.00

D G Weekes

Website hosting

 

PROPOSAL:  that the income is agreed and the above cheques/payments are paid/agreed.

PROPOSED:   Mr G Langford

SECONDED:  Mr M Bendle

DECISION: passed.  (all agreed.)    

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

9.                 Clerk Update

9.1       The clerk has been successful in her bid for funds to comply with the transparency code.  £391.65 has been secured to purchase a laptop, scanner and to contribute towards website hosting.

9.2        Bank Mandate – for Clayhidon Charity needs updating.  Clerk to pass to Mr R Kallaway and Mrs S Hay for signatures.

9.3        The clerk has obtained several bird boxes from the Blackdown Hills Natural Futures project.  She will pass them to Mrs S Hay to coordinate installation at Wiltown Green.

 

10.              Highways

10.1      The ditches around the parish need attention.  Clerk to report

10.2      HGVs are using narrow lanes and becoming stuck.  Clerk to request ‘Unsuitable for HGV’ signs at top of Lillycombe Hill/Broad Street, French Nut Tree/Broad Street and Rosemary Lane/Callers Lane. 

10.3      Successful events at the Parish Hall sometimes mean problems with parking.  It was suggested that at the gateway access/verge adjacent to the hall some hard core could be put down to help with parking.  Mr M Bendle will check on ownership/permission.  Subject to permission, clerk will contact Highways to see if some planings could be put down.

 

Clerk

Clerk

 

 

MB/clerk

11.             Footpaths

Mrs S Hay sent the following report:-

The footpath survey has been completed and will be submitted later this week.  There is the offer from Edric Hopkinson of the Devon Wildlife Trust to come to one of our meetings to give us an update of work on the Turbary.  Clerk to arrange.

 

 

Clerk

12.             Wiltown Green

The quotation from Chris Houghton for the repairs to the wall and gateway at Wiltown Green was discussed. 

PROPOSAL:  The quotation of £612.00 is accepted and Chris Houghton is instructed to commence works. 

PROPOSED:   Mr G Langford

SECONDED:  Mr M Bendle

DECISION: passed.  (all agreed.)    

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

13.             Church Field

It was confirmed that the church field is available for parishioners to use free of charge for weddings, funerals, christenings etc.  For other uses and for non-parishioners a donation is requested. 

 

14.             Correspondence

14.1           Email from parishioner concerned about flooding and state of ditches.  Clerk to refer parishioner to Mr G Langford/Mr M Bendle who can provide helpful local knowledge.

14.2      Letter of thanks from Blackdown Support Group noted.

14.3      Letter from East Devon District Council ref Local Plan noted.

14.4      Letter of thanks from Tiverton & District Community Transport Association noted.

14.5      MDDC planning newsletter noted.

14.6      Letter of thanks from the Parish Hall noted.

14.7      Letter of thanks from St Andrews Church noted.

 

15.             Items raised by Chairman

15.1           Annual Parish Meeting – date agreed of Monday 18th April at 7.30pm.  Mr G Langford to ask the Clayhidon Friends to provide tea and cake.  Clerk to invite clubs and organisations to attend/send reports. 

15.2           Future Meetings – the clerk had issued a schedule of future meetings without realising that in previous year’s meetings has alternated between the Parish Hall and Church Rooms.  It was agreed to hold all meetings at the Parish Hall.  Clerk to add to the schedule a note advising reference to website for agendas and laminate copies for noticeboard.  The clerk reminded all that the agenda must be posted on the relevant noticeboards.  The following councillors will post the agenda in the following places:-

Mr G Langford – Garlandhayes

Mr R Kallaway – Bolham

Mr A Hill – Parish Hall, Bridgehouse Cross and Rosemary Lane.

15.3      Queens 90th Birthday – light a beacon Thursday 21st April.  Mr R Kallaway asked if there was any interest in this.  All to consider.

 

GL/clerk

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

GL

RK

AH

all

16.             Items raised by Councillors

16.1           TAP Fund Update – Mr G Langford attended a meeting with Hemyock & Culmstock parish councils and it was suggested that the £1,500 be spent on salt spreaders to attach to quad bikes in each parish.  Mr G Langford agreed to source the spreaders and it is hoped that 10 will be purchased.  This year’s applications need to be submitted to MDDC by end February.  It has been suggested that each parish purchase a public access defibrillator.  The Hemyock clerk will establish if there is flexibility on deadline and also obtain advice from the surgery. 

16.2           Concerns over plastic waste being dumped in a pond at Belletts Farm.  Unless it is dumped on road or on a significant scale neither MDDC nor Environment Agency appear interested.     

16.3           Several parishioners have reported concerns about the level of activity occurring at an outdoor riding arena.  Clerk to refer to planning enforcement to review.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

clerk

17.             Date of next meeting  The next council meeting will be held on Monday 14th March at 1.30pm, if required or Monday 11th April at 7.30pm.

 

 

        Meeting closed at 10.10pm

 

     Signed...........................................................................Date..............................................................................  

Comments