Parish Council‎ > ‎Minutes‎ > ‎

January 2010, Clayhidon Parish Council

Clayhidon Parish Council

 

A Meeting of the above council was held, Monday 11th January 2010 at the Parish Hall, Clayhidon at 7.30pm.

 

The following Business was brought before the council:-

 

1.           Confirmation of Minutes of Preceding Meeting.

2.           Matters arising from the minutes

3.           Payment of Accounts – Churchyard Grant

4.           Correspondence

5.           General business

 

Present

          Mr MJ Hudson, Acting Chairman; Mr RJ Pike; Miss J Ward; Mr AFJ Redwood; Mr ME Bendle; Mr RM Kallaway; Parishioners Mr G Langford; Mrs C Williams; Mr N Carter; Mrs PK Reynolds and Mr M Osmond, clerk

 

Apology

            Apologies were received from Cllr FJ Rosamond & Cllr RF Radford.

            On opening the meeting, Mr Hudson gave a warm welcome to all those present despite the snow and ice on the roads

 

Minutes

            Minutes of meetings of 28/10/09 and 2/11/09 and 21/12/09 were taken as read (copiers having been previously circulated for 28/10/9 and 2/11/9) and 21/12/09 being read at meeting, were confirmed and signed after Mr N. Carter and Mr R. Cooper’s names were added to those attending meeting of 2/11/09..

 

Matters Arising

Precept

            Clerk reported the Precept Form had been received, completed and returned to Finance Dept.

            Footpath account for repairs done at bottom of Callers Lane received and had been paid.  Total of £500.00 (VAT included).

 

Planning Notices

Wiltown Caravan

            The awaited decision on planning application by Mr A Board had been received and it was for Refusal of Permission. 

Conversion of barn and annex to holiday accommodation, Far Longham now withdrawn.  Certificate of Lawful Use -- Hobby building at Acre Ridge, Clayhidon.

Grant of Permission to Mrs B. Wilmer of Hidonfields Farm for the erection of field shelter (revised).

 

Wind Turbine -- Great Garlandhayes

            Noted more details received on application and Chairman opened meeting for Mr Langford to speak on details.  The noise limits were within the limits of Pan 50 which is the set limit.  Agent had provided photomontages on areas around mast.  But these had been taken to show if it could be seen from distance ie.  Rosemary Lane.  Noted could be seen from some gateways if all trees and hedges had no leaves.  Size of output was discussed and reasons given to be 11 kW.  No change in design structure of lattice frame.  Mr Langford presented list of parishioners giving support to application but these were not close to the proposed site.  Members concluded possible number willing to support from Parish more than those neighbours objecting.  Mr Bendle proposed the "Council in principle support the application."  This was seconded by Mr Kallaway without any objections.  Mrs Williams raised at this point the content of letter from Mr G. Langford on the conduct of Mr M. Hudson has Chairman of previous meeting when this application was discussed.  Mr Langford stated he did not wish to offend the Chairman by the comment of his letter.  The chairman then closed the public discussion part of meeting.

 

Payment of Accounts

Churchyard Grant

            Clerk stated at this meeting, Grant was discussed for the churchyard at St Andrew's upkeep.  Noted Grant of £140.00 had been received from Mid Devon District Council.  After a general discussion proposed by Ms Ward, seconded by Mr Pike, Grant of £400.00 plus £140 from Mid Devon.  This was carried.  Mr Bendle and Mr Hudson declared interest.

 

Correspondence

            Planning application Mr J. Spencer for change of use of domestic outbuilding to light industrial use (B1) and re-siting of access from highway.  After general discussion on viewing the plans, noted access change more suitable for larger vehicles and building was isolated, agreed no objections be made to application.

 

Resignation Letter

            The letter of resignation from Mr G Langford as former Councillor & Chairman was noted for members to read.

Copy of “In Touch” DCC monthly newsletter.  Letter from Boundary Committee on details to Secretary of State for review for Devon;   a) implement the original proposal (Exeter’s) with or without changes, b) Boundary Committee proposal, with or without changes, c) take no action. No changes in status of Plymouth & Torbay. This was discussed by members on the possible options. Members agreed none were good for this parish. Mr Kallaway agreed to make known views of Parish Council as concerned, not enough thought given to proposals on the effects these would have on small rural parishes but option (a) was least harmful to parish.  The DCC notice of consultation period to March 2010 on admission and transport policy for Devon schools.  Copy Local Council Review and Village Green.  Quarterly newsletter Devon NHS Trust (Swine Flu).  Copy of Devon Playing Fields newsletter.  Other correspondence received listed on the table.

 

Hidonfields Homes

            This was discussed as various signs had been erected and no further information from Mid Devon on when affordable home was available and price of it.  Mr Carter had more details for Council a buyer for one property had come forward, but after a legal search done on-site, an unclear area had arisen and the offer was withdrawn.

 

General Business

            Discussion on the current snow and ice problems in the Parish and how Parish covered with salt/grit bins.  Mr Pike agreed to make a review of the bins available in parish as it was noted more were needed because of bad spots for ice.  Chairman stated Council thanked all those who had put salt etc down to aid traffic as this had been the only way road was usable and farmers who had used tractors to clear snow for salt etc to be used.

 

Notice Board

            A general discussion was held on further Notice Boards for parish and possible site for main board.  Noted the various groups of houses were scattered and no main junction where all meet.  The Church, Hall, Bus Shelter and Rosemary Lane thought possible.  Clerk to obtain brochure for price and sizes.

 

Roads

            After a general discussion on roads and following the visit of Mr T. Matthews to Parish Council, Mr Redwood agreed to write to him on the Parish Council concerns.

 

Planning Notices

            The number received and type of them was discussed and to be able to make a response in the time set.  Noted that some needed no response but some had an impact on the area.  Agreed to keep policy open and treat applications as separate for consideration.

 

Parish Vacancy

            The vacancy for a Parish Councillor had been published in parish as required till end December.  No correspondence received from Mid Devon at time of meeting for election to be held.  Members agreed that co-option would need to be done at the next meeting, possible persons to be thought of for consideration till next meeting.

 

Next Meeting and Annual Parish Meeting

            As there was no other business it was agreed the date of the next meeting as Monday 8th March at 7:30 p.m. in the Church Room and the Annual Parish Meeting on March 29th in Church Room at 7:30 p.m. Clerk to contact organisations for this, the Chairman then thanked those present for attending and closed the meeting.

Comments