Parish Council‎ > ‎Minutes‎ > ‎

June 13, 2016

Clayhidon Parish Council Meeting

 held in the Parish Hall at 7.30pm on Monday 13th June 2016

Subject

Action

1.               Present 

Mr R Kallaway (Chair), Mr M Bendle, Mr R Drew, Mrs S Hay, Mr A Hill, Mr G Langford, Mrs A Weekes, Mr F Rosamond (District Councillor), Mrs D Evans (Parish Clerk) and  1 member of the public.

Apologies Mr R Radford (County Councillor)                

    

2.               Declarations of Interest

None declared.

 

3.               Minutes from last month’s meetings

PROPOSALThe Council minutes of the meetings of 8th April & 9th May 2016 are approved. 

PROPOSED:  Mr G Langford 

SECONDED:  Mr M Bendle

DECISION: passed (all in favour)

 

4.               Public Participation

Nothing to report.

 

5.                Matters Arising

5.1           Ten Oaks Planning Application 15/001622/FULL – the informal hearing will be held on 21st June at 10am, Tiverton Town Hall.  The council would like to have a presence at the hearing and to speak.  Mr G Langford agreed to write a summary of the council’s position outlining concerns about financial viability and lack of evidence provided.  Mr M Bendle will attend the hearing and speak on behalf of the council.  Clerk to inform Planning Inspectorate of council’s wish to speak.  Mrs A Weekes and Mr R Kallaway will also attend.

5.2           Salt Spreaders – Mr J Bendle has kindly agreed to receive the final spreader for the parish.

5.3           Wiltown Wall – this has been repaired and Highways has been out to clear the grate.

5.4           Clayhidon Sign – the clerk reported that the cost to replace the missing ‘Clayhidon’ sign by the Half Moon will be £148 plus VAT.  The parish council felt that the position of the sign was confusing and were minded not to replace it at this stage.  It will review the position again based on any feedback received from the parish.   

5.5           ‘Unsuitable for HGV’ signs – the clerk has requested new signs from Highways at several locations in the parish.  Willy Pike, Neighbourhood Highways Officer, confirmed that Highways do not like to erect new signs and will need to survey the particular locations.  His report is awaited.  The council discussed the HGV that recently came down Rosemary Lane, damaging houses and banks on its way, before finally becoming stuck at Gladhayes Bridge.  Clerk to write to Highways bridge team to ascertain the weight limit of Gladhayes Bridge and to ask for improved signage around the parish and approaching roads.  Clerk to write also to the Blackdown Hills Parish Network and the AONB for help and support.  

5.6           Parish Hall – Extra Parking – Mr R Bendle has kindly agreed to allow the parish council to use his land to form additional car parking spaces adjacent to the Parish Hall.  The parish council will need to resolve any planning, Highway and drainage issues; manage the removal and reinstatement of a hedgerow and pay any legal fees. 

PROPOSALThe Council to proceed with this project forward at an estimated cost of £2,000.  Mr R Kallaway will lead the project and arrange for plans/costings to be prepared.  Mrs S Hay suggested her husband may help with plans.  Clerk to investigate planning issues.  Mr R Drew offered to help with obtaining estimates for materials etc.      

PROPOSED:  Mr G Langford 

SECONDED:  Mrs A Weekes

DECISION: passed (all in favour)

 
MB/GL/Clerk/
RK/AW
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Clerk
 
 
Clerk
 
 
 
 
 
 
RK/SH/Clerk/RD
 

 

6.               District Council Report

Councillor Frank Rosamond reported:-

MDDC is currently consulting on two planning documents, Community Involvement and Refuse Storage for New Residential Properties.  A paper on Enforcement is going to the Cabinet this month.  Mid Devon Talk magazine will now be published on-line rather than as an insert in the local paper.  The lack of A Level provision in Tiverton has been referred to Nick Boles, Department for Education.  MDDC will be charging extra fees to monitor 106 agreements.  A new project is seeking the views of owners and tenants on the need for funding to improve Cullompton town centre. The aim is to attract funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund to provide grants for owners and tenants in High Street and Fore Street, plus some adjacent courts, to renovate their properties, especially where there is a commercial use. The project would also fund some improvement to public spaces and offer free training in historic building maintenance.

Councillor F Rosamond was asked about the cancellation of the charity shoot in Hemyock following complaints about noise.  He will investigate.  It was also reported to Councillor F Rosamond that the new MDDC website does not allow for reporting the non-collection of blue bins.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FR

7.              County Council Report

Nothing to report.

 

8.               Planning

The following planning applications were considered:-

8.1       16/00841/FULL – Mill View, Clayhidon.  Erection of an agricultural building following demolition of 2 existing agricultural buildings.

PROPOSALThe Council supports the application and makes no further comment.      

PROPOSED:  Mr G Langford 

SECONDED:  Mr R Drew

DECISION: passed (all in favour)

Approval was noted for:-

8.2       16/00402/CLU - Hill Farm, Clayhidon.   Certificate of Lawfulness for existing residential dwelling and associated garden for a period in excess of 4 years.

8.3       16/00404/CLU - Heazle Farm, ClayhidonCertificate of lawfulness for the existing use of a dwelling in non-compliance with an agricultural occupancy condition.

8.4       16/00559/FULL – Opposite Heazle Farm, Clayhidon.  Change of use of part of agricultural land to menage, replacement of buildings with barn and erection of an additional barn.

The council noted that the applicant was in correspondence with the planning officer about the possibility of lighting the manege.  The applicant had previously stated to the parish council at the time that it considered his application that he did not intend to light the manege.  Clerk to inform the planning officer of this and give examples of other maneges in the parish that are with/without lights (With Lights:  2 commercial maneges - Heazle Riding Centre, which is indoors, and Hidonfields.  Without lighting:  Cordwents Farm, Lillycombe Farm, Hidonfields Farm (next to the lit manege), Barley Meade and Ringdown House.  Clerk to copy the AONB Planning Officer in on correspondence.

8.5       16/00587/HOUSE – Lower Garlandhayes, Clayhidon.  Erection of two storey extension to west elevation, first floor extension to rear over existing single storey extension and removal of chimney.

8.6       15/00479/LBC - Burrows Farm, Clayhidon.  Discharge of condition - No works for the installation of the new windows shall begin until full details of their painted finish has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority.

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

9.              Finance

No income or expenditure to report

Bank Reconciliation

Community a/c

10,572.98

Business Manager

7,826.65

 

 

Total

18,339.63

 

10.           Clerk Report

10.1     TAP Fund 2016/2017 – Hemyock Parish Council is arranging a meeting on 28th June with Clayhidon & Culmstock to discuss ideas for this year’s application.  It was suggested that first aid training for the parish could be useful. 

PROPOSALThe council requests TAP fund monies for first aid training.        

PROPOSED:  Mr R Drew 

SECONDED:  Mrs A Weekes

DECISION: passed (all in favour)

Clerk will attend meeting on behalf of the parish council and report back.  Richard Drew kindly offered some money from this year’s Drewfest towards this training, if required.  Mr M Bendle to provide clerk with contact details for a supplier of first aid training. 

10.2     Defibrillators - The clerk is working with Hemyock & Culmstock parish councils and has obtained funding from various sources.  A meeting has been arranged with South Western Ambulance Trust to obtain more information and clerk will report back.  Clerk has submitted an application to the British Heart Foundation for defibrillators.  This scheme requires a contribution of £400 towards each defibrillator provided.  The parish council would be responsible for ongoing maintenance, training, etc.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MB

11.           Smeatharpe Village Hall

Minutes of the village hall meeting were received. 

PROPOSALThe council nominates Robert Pike to be the parish council representative on the Smeatharpe Village Hall Committee     

PROPOSED:  Mr G Langford 

SECONDED:  Ms S Hay

DECISION: passed (all in favour)

 

12.           Highways

The road from Lillycombe to Bridgehouse Cross has been swept and signs have been erected yet no work has taken place.  Clerk to report to Highways.  Grass verges adjacent to several junctions need cutting.  Clerk to report.

The bank at Springfield Farm has been rebuilt and this may be affecting the drainage.  Clerk to refer to Highways.

The black lettering on the fingerpost at the top of Coombe Hill needs reinstating.  Clerk to report.

 

Clerk

 

Clerk

Clerk

 

Clerk

13.           Footpaths

Some gates need attention and there are several trees on footpaths.  These will be dealt with.

 

14.           Clayhidon Charity & Mary Parsons Gift Trust

The clerk has familiarised herself with the Clayhidon Charity and recommends a meeting with the rest of the trustees of the Mary Parsons Gift Trust asap so that the newly appointed trustees (Mrs D Evans and Mrs S Hay) may be brought up to speed.  Mrs D Evans and Mrs S Hay will advise their availability in July and Mr R Kallaway will arrange a meeting. 

 

Clerk/

SH/RK

15.           Correspondence

15.1     Letter from the Pension Regulator informing the council of its staging date and obligations noted.

 

16.           Items raised by Chairman

Mr R Kallaway thanked the parish hall committee for arranging a successful event to celebrate the Queen’s 90th Birthday.

 

17.           Items raised by Councillors

17.1    Cyclists – will be camping in Glebe field on Friday/Saturday 17th/18th June.

17.2    Blackdown Hills Parish Network – Mrs S Weekes reported that the Blackdown Hills Parish Network (BHPN) had submitted an outline proposal to apply for European Regional Development Fund monies specifically designed to enhance information and communications technology (broadband infrastructure).  Potentially this could supply infrastructure to the value of £9m in the area.  The bid is now in and the BHPN may know the outcome in July. 

 

18.           Date of next meeting  Planning Meeting on Monday 18th July at 1.30pm.  Full council meeting Monday 8th August at 7.30pm

 

 

Meeting closed 10pm

.

 

Signed...........................................................................Date..............................................................................  

Comments