Parish Council‎ > ‎Minutes‎ > ‎

May 14, 2018

Clayhidon Parish Council

Planning/Annual Meeting

held in the Church Rooms, Clayhidon at 7.30pm on 14th May 2018

Subject

Action

1.                  Election of Chair

Mr Kallaway was nominated by Mr Langford, seconded by Mr Blackmore.  There being no other nominations, Mr Kallaway was elected as Chairman.  Mr Kallaway signed his declaration of acceptance of office as Chair. 

 

2.                  Election of Vice Chair

Mrs Hay was nominated by Mr Kallaway, seconded by Mr Blackmore.  There being no other nominations, Mrs Hay was elected as Vice-Chair.  Mrs Hay signed her declaration of acceptance of office as Vice-Chair. 

 

3.                  Present 

Mr Kallaway (Chair), Mr Bendle, Mr Blackmore, Mrs Hay, Mr Langford, and Mrs Evans (Parish Clerk)

Apologies

Mrs Weekes (received and approved)

Absent Mr Drew

 

4.                  Declarations of Interest

Agenda item 6.2 - Mrs Hay has a pecuniary interest as she is the applicant.  She will leave the room whilst the item is discussed.

Agenda item 7.1 - Mr Langford declared a personal interest as his wife will receive payment for the costs of refreshments at the annual parish meeting and meeting with the MP.

 

5.                  Public Participation

No public present.

 

6.                  Planning

The following applications were considered:-

6.1             18/00215/HOUSE.  Ashcleeve, Clayhidon.  Retention of conversion of garage to annexe, and extension of retaining garden wall.

PROPOSAL:  the parish council has no comment to make. 

PROPOSED:   Mr Langford

SECONDED:  Mr Bendle

 DECISION: passed.  (all in favour)     

Mrs Hay left the room

6.2             18/00542/CLU.  Ashfields, Clayhidon.  Certificate of lawfulness for the existing use of a dwelling in breach of agricultural occupancy Condition (C) of planning permission 89/00291/OUT for a period in excess of 10 years.

PROPOSAL:  the applicant is known to the parish council, she is a parish councillor.  The council believes the statements to be true and correct. 

PROPOSED:   Mr Langford

SECONDED:  Mr Blackmore

DECISION: passed.  (all in favour)    

Mrs Hay returned to the room

Refusal noted for:-

6.3       17/01979/FULL.  Land at NGR 317450 110777 -Tickle Penny, Clayhidon.  Retention of mixed-use building comprising farm workshop, storage, water reservoir, smokery, cold store and food processing area, farm office, welfare facilities, kennels and stables.

Permission granted noted for:-

6.4      18/00366/HOUSE.  Beech Hayes, Clayhidon.  Erection of single storey extension and gable roof expansion.

 

7.                  Finance

INCOME

1.        

500.00

P3 Footpaths grant

2.        

8,300.00

precept

3.        

26.15

VAT reclaim

EXPENDITURE

1.        

160.65

Community First Trading

Insurance premium

2.        

105.83

DALC

Membership

3.        

53.40

A Langford

Annual Parish Meeting and highways meeting costs

 

BANK RECONCILIATION

Community a/c

9,046.86

Business Manager

5,834.69

 

 

Total

14,881.55

PROPOSAL:  that the income is agreed and the above cheques/payments are paid/agreed. 

PROPOSED:   Mr Bendle

SECONDED:  Mrs Hay

DECISION: passed.  (all in favour).  Mr Langford abstained.     

 

8.                     Code of Conduct

PROPOSAL:  The council adopts MDDC’s Code of Conduct.

PROPOSED:  Mr Langford  

SECONDED:  Mr Kallaway  

DECISION: passed (all in favour) 

 

9.                    Items raised by Chairman

9.1                Upper Culm Community Land Trust – Mr Kallaway attended a recent meeting to look at the possibility of purchasing Old School Court, Hemyock, with a view to letting as retirement homes.  The UCCLT’s professional advisers have suggested that the property is not economically viable.  

 

10.                Items raised by Councillors

10.1            Mr Bendle met with Highways to investigate the drainage problems at entrance to track to church.  Following the meeting, having used a camera, Highways established the drain is blocked and works are necessary.  This work will be added to system by Highways. 

10.2            Mr Bendle asked if the council would consider making a grant to the church to assist with its building repairs.  The clerk confirmed that she had dealt with a similar enquiry in Hemyock and, unfortunately, due to a section of the Local Government Act 1894, parish councils are unable to support church buildings.  There is separate legislation giving power with regards to burial authorities and churchyards but not buildings. 

10.3            Mr Bendle advised the meeting of a request to use the church field for parking at a wedding in the summer.  Clerk to advise this is acceptable and a donation would be gratefully received.  Mr Bendle to provide clerk with contact details.

10.4            Mrs Hay reported works that are necessary to a gate post on one of the footpaths in the parish.  She will arrange the repair and invoice will be sent to clerk. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

SH

 

11.                Date of next meeting The next council meeting will be on Monday 11th June at 7.30pm in the Church Rooms. 

 

Meeting closed at 8.10pm

 

 

Signed...........................................................................Date.............................................................................. 

 

 

 

Comments