Parish Council‎ > ‎Minutes‎ > ‎

November 2007, Clayhidon Parish Council

Clayhidon Parish Council

 

A Meeting of the above council was held, Monday 12th November 2007 at the Church Room, Clayhidon at 7.30pm.

 

The following Business was brought before the council:-

 

1.           Confirmation of Minutes of Preceding Meeting.

2.           Matters arising from the minutes

3.           Payment of Accounts – Hall Grant

4.           Correspondence

5.           General business

6.           Charity Business

 

Present

     Mr G Langford, Chairman; Mr MJ Hudson; Miss J Ward; Mr AFJ Redwood; Mr RJ Pike; Mr ME Bendle; Mr RM Kallaway; Mr R Radford, County Councillor; Parishioners Mr R Jeffery; Mr S Roberts; Mr W Smith and Mr MC Osmond, clerk

 

Apology

     An apology was given for Mr FJ Rosamond Dist. Councillor who was unable to attend.  On opening the meeting the Chairman welcomed all those present, after which the Minutes of Meeting of 17th September were taken as read, confirmed & signed (copies having been previously circulated).

 

Matters Arising

     Chairman reported still awaiting reply from Mr J. Guscott on the hedge removal by Mr Napper.

 

Smeatharpe Stadium

     Noted on planning website that there was a further planning application received for race meetings at the stadium.  Council not received planning details at present.

 

Hidon Fields

     Developers sought application change but no decision yet made.

 

Barley Meade

     Application for change of land use to equine exercise area with new access track to serve stable block had been granted.

 

Mays Farm Event

     Mr Kallaway raised the issue of the drumming noise through two nights at the past event.  As there was a limited number attending, no notice was required to be published and consequently no objections could be made.  Mr Hudson had taken up this point with police and letter replying was read which agreed with his points raised.  The present procedure for this type of event was not satisfactory.  Letter from MP Mrs A. Browning noted.  Many bags of rubbish collected after event and left on road for collection.  General discussion on points raised and members thought there could be a similar event next year.

 

 

 

Wiltown Green Sign

     Chairman stated that, as agreed, new sign now erected with prevention of theft in mind as it was high on a branch of a tree.

 

Payment of Accounts

     The following payments were proposed by Mr Bendle seconded by Miss Ward and agreed after General discussion on the Hall Grant in particular as noted kitchen work done but windows in need of attention.

Clayhidon Parish Hall

Grant

£     1750.00

Tiverton & District Community Transport

Grant

£         25.00

Hemyock Parochial Church Council

Pump Grant

£         50.00

 

Precept 2008

     Late notice received for estimate on precept from Mid Devon Finance Dept.  Details of years finances given by clerk of income, expenses to date and expected to year end.  Opening balance £4531.56 income £4428.00.  Expenses rounded off £4890, a closing balance of £4069.56.  Members then discussed the expenses and noted the % returned in grants to the parish.  Noted the reduction in closing balance and need to hold a small reserve to cover any other costs.  Noted was circular from DAPC on planning Precept to hold and the amount in reserve.  Expenses for next year discussed and thought similar.  The following amounts were proposed: Miss Ward £5,000, Mr Redwood £4500, Mr Bendle £4750, none were seconded.  Mr Langford proposed £4620 and this was seconded by Mr Kallaway.  On a vote £4620 was carried with objection from Miss Ward as figure lower than expenses.  Chairman invited comments from the parishioners present.

 

Correspondence

     Minutes of Standards Committee September 2007.  Blackdown Hills Management Review questionnaire was noted and a response would be made.  Permission to Mr S. Napper, erection of agricultural storage barn at site at Wiltown.  Notice of Appeal by Mr and Mrs J. Bendle of refusal of application for conversion of barns to live/work accommodation at Gladhayes Farm.  Notice from the Lieutenancy Office at Exeter with invitation for comments on ways to strengthen ties between Magistrates and communities they serve.  DCC Public Path diversion Order at Callers Farm noted.  Permission to Mr and Mrs M. Broadbent, Higher Hill Farm, for erection of stables and storage, alterations and change of use to existing buildings.  Variation of condition No.13 (agricultural occupancy) of dwelling to include equestrian activities.  Planning application for mobile field shelter at Wiltown Lane by Miss C. Hopper, Pleasant House, no objections raised.  Copy of Taunton Town Centre Area -- Action Plan.  DAPC quarterly Newsletter.  Local Council Review.  Standards Board copies to each member of revised May 2007 "Code of Conduct".  South West Water -- your views on future priorities.  Devon and Exeter NHS Annual Report.  Mid Devon Summary of Accounts our spending 2006 / 2007 Devon and Cornwall Police -- Notice of Meetings to be Web cast at County Hall, Council chamber.  Planning application for increase of exercise area at Hidon Fields for Mrs B. Wilmer.  After General discussion agreed response to include "for personal use only".  Concern expressed over sand erosion from present area into road drains.

 

General Business

     The Chairman presented a draft letter of agreement for discussion to members for Half Moon to rent the Pound from the Parish Council at rental of £50 per year.  Members in general agreement with clauses and agreed that it should proceed.


Twinning Ass'n.

     A letter was received from Upper Culm Twinning Ass'n.  stating of visit to St Herblon Loire Valley to sign an official Twinning Agreement.  Invitation for Parish Council representative to attend.  After General discussion as no Parish Councillor was able to state could attend, a representative attend on their behalf agreed.  As Mr W. Smith was present and is member of Association and was attending the event he could be the representative.  This he agreed to do. Afternote:  An invitation has since been sent to the Chairman, inviting attendance.

.

County Councillor Mr R. Radford

     Mr R. Radford reported the DCC were £7 million over budget.  Savings were to be made from Social Services and Environment departments.  Also £200 million in arrears on road repairs.  Still awaiting reply from Mr L. Willmington to a letter sent from Parish Council on matters raised.  Unitary status of Exeter, no decision at present but DCC to oppose if granted.  The costs of this action not known when asked.  In April 2008 DCC to delegate to District Councils roadside parking and the enforcement of bylaws.  Government had made 1% increase in their Capital Grant.  After a general discussion on points raised in his report and other matters raised, grass cutting, cemeteries, recycling arising from the portfolio he now held at Mid Devon District Council the chairman thanked him for his detailed reports.

 

Garlands Bower Hedge

     Mr Redwood raised the point on the roadside hedge of the field was in need of cutting.  As this was rented by the Parish Council, the Chairman agreed to make inquiries on past cutting to get this done.

 

Lengthsman Visit

     Members raised the matter of places ditch/drain clearing done and also those not done in Parish.  Noted only limited time in parish with a lot to do.  Ploughing out of ditches to start in January which was thought very late to be done as well into winter.  Miss Ward stated fly tipping items still on site at Smeatharpe.  This to be taken up again to include Black Lane and the Gladhayes Road landing.  Details noted by Mr Radford. 

 

Next Meeting

     As there was no other business it was agreed the date of the next meeting as 14th January 2008 at the Church Room.  The Chairman then thanked those present for attending and closed the meeting.

Comments