Parish Council‎ > ‎Minutes‎ > ‎

October 10, 2016

Clayhidon Parish Council Meeting

held in the Parish Hall at 7.30pm on Monday 10th October 2016 

Subject

Action

1. Present  

Mr R Kallaway (Chair), Mr M Bendle, Mr R Drew, , Mr G Langford, Mrs A Weekes, Mr F Rosamond (District Councillor), Mrs D Evans (Parish Clerk) and 3 members of the public.

Apologies Mrs S Hay (received and approved) and Councillor R Radford (County Councillor)

 

2. Declarations of Interest

None declared.

 

3. Minutes from previous meetings

PROPOSAL:  The Council minutes of the meetings of 8th August and 12th September 2016 are approved.  

PROPOSED:  Mr G Langford  

SECONDED:  Mrs A Weekes

DECISION: passed (all in favour)

 

4. Public Participation

Nothing reported.

 

5. Planning
5.1 16/01471/FULL – Bolham House Farm, Hemyock.  Erection of 3 biomass boilers and associated infrastructure to provide heat to existing poultry operation.

PROPOSAL:  The council supports the application and makes no further comment.  

PROPOSED:  Mr G Langford  

SECONDED:  Mr M Bendle

DECISION: passed (all in favour).  Mrs A Weekes abstained from voting.

 

6. Matters Arising
6.1 Unsuitable for HGVs’ signs – Devon Highways has confirmed it will not erect any new signs.  

PROPOSAL:  clerk to purchase 6 ‘No HGVs past this point’ signs @ £14.37 each plus VAT and council to review effectiveness.  

PROPOSED:  Mr G Langford  

SECONDED:  Mr R Drew

DECISION: passed (all in favour)

6.2 Parish Hall/Additional Parking – The additional parking spaces will be included in the plans submitted for the extension of the hall.  Hall committee to provide clerk with details so that she may submit planning application.  Council to pay planning fee.  Mrs A Weekes will chase paperwork.  It will be necessary for council to appoint solicitor to act on its behalf reference land transfer. To be carried forward.      
6.3 Defibrillators - The defibrillators have been ordered and should arrive in the next few weeks.  They will be located at the Half Moon and Rosemary Lane Chapel.  A training session for anyone interested will be held on Wednesday 30th November, 7-9pm, at Hemyock Parish Hall.  Clerk to inform all via website.  Mr R Kallaway to collect cheque for £147.00 raised by Half Moon.  
6.4 First Aid Training – The clerk has received enquiries from several parishioners who may be interested in receiving first aid training.  Richard Drew has kindly agreed to fund the training course from his Drewfest proceeds and a contribution of £5 will be requested from each delegate to cover a book and certificate.  Clerk to book training session for February next year.  

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

AW/Clerk

 

 

Clerk

RK

 

 

 

Clerk 

7. District Council Report

Councillor Frank Rosamond reported:- the council has voted to allocate land at J27 of the M5 for leisure, tourism and retail use.  It will now carry out the necessary public consultation before submitting the Local Plan to government in March.  MDDC is recruiting a Director of Operations with a salary of £74k.  Julia Stuckey is the new Town & Parish Liaison contact.  MDDC has revised its corporate plan ‘Your Council, Your Future’.  Neil Parish MP visited the region to learn more about The Mills project.  The project aims to bring historic mills, weirs and leats back into use to generate hydro-electric power along South West waterways.  

 

8. County Council Report

In his absence Councillor Ray Radford sent a brief report which clerk will circulate via email.

 

Clerk

9. Finance

9.1      Income & Expenditure

Income

1

1.38

Interest

Expenditure

1

311.49

D Evans

Clerks wages and expenses (Jul-Sep)

Bank Reconciliation

Community a/c

9808.17

Business Manager

7,829.41

 

 

Total 

17,637.58

 

PROPOSAL:  that the income is agreed and the above cheque is paid.    

PROPOSED:   Mr G Langford

SECONDED:  Mrs A Weekes

DECISION: passed.  (all in favour)  

The clerk presented the latest budget figures showing actual spend v budget.  

9.2       Chris Houghton has volunteered to be the Road Warden for Clayhidon.  He will attend the Highways Chapter 8 training in November.  He requires specialist PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to attend the course.  

PROPOSAL:  The council pays for the necessary PPE (approx. £200) for Road Warden volunteer to attend the training course.           

PROPOSED:  Mr G Langford

SECONDED:  Mrs A Weekes

DECISION: passed (all in favour)

9.3       The Cameo Club, Hemyock, has requested financial support from the parish council.  The clerk confirmed that in the last 3 years the council had made an annual donation to the group of approx. £110-£120.     

PROPOSAL:  The council makes a donation of £130.00 to the Cameo Club.         

PROPOSED:  Mr M Bendle

SECONDED:  Mr G Langford

DECISION: passed (all in favour)

Review of other potential donations to be added to agenda for December meeting.

9.4       The Pound – the clerk reported that the annual licence for The Pound is due for renewal in October.  Clerk instructed to invoice Half Moon for £50.00.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

Clerk

 

10. Clerk Report

10.1     Vehicle Activated Signs (VAS) – the clerk has been working jointly with Hemyock & Culmstock to apply to MDDC for TAP funding for a shared VAS.  The clerk has been informed by Highways that it cannot be used outside the Half Moon or anywhere the national speed limit applies.  The clerk was asked to apply for funds to help towards costs of car park at Parish Hall.   She will do this once details have been provided.  

10.2     The clerk confirmed that the external audit has now been completed.

 

 

 

 

Clerk

11. Election

More than 10 electors have requested an election.  MDDC are considering election dates.  Clerk to ask MDDC that the election be held as soon as possible.  

Councillor Rosamond left the meeting.

 

Clerk

12. Highways

Nothing to report.

 

13. Footpaths

13.1     Mrs S Hay sent the following report :- I have confirmed to Guy Manning that the PC has agreed for him to go ahead with the boardwalk.  He will do the work in November.  I met James Maben at Wiltown Turbary on Friday. He will discuss at his office and let us know but he thinks that the wood should be eligible for funding to make a management plan and possibly also for funding to employ a contractor to do the initial work. We would then need to agree that future maintenance would be done by volunteers.  The annual footpath survey must be returned next February with any proposals for extra funding for further projects, so we need to start thinking about suggestions for this.

 

14. Clayhidon Charity & Mary Parsons Gift Trust

Clerk will ask for minutes to be included on village website.

Clerk

 

15. Items raised by Chairman

Nothing to report.

 

16. Items raised by Councillors

Nothing to report.

 

17. Date of next meeting Planning Meeting on Monday 14th November at 1.30pm if required or full council meeting Monday 12th December at 7.30pm.

 

 

Meeting closed 9.10pm

 

 

Comments