Parish Council‎ > ‎Minutes‎ > ‎

October 8, 2018

Clayhidon Parish Council Meeting

 Held at Parish Hall, Clayhidon at 7.30pm on Monday 8th October 2018

Subject

Action

1.                  Present 

Mr R Kallaway (Chair), Mr M Bendle, Mr J Blackmore, Mrs S Hay, Mr G Langford, Mrs A Weekes, Mr F Rosamond (District Councillor), Mr R Radford (County Councillor), Mrs D Evans (Parish Clerk) and members of the public.

Apologies Mr R Drew (received and approved)

 

2.                  Declarations of Interest

Agenda item 6.1 - Mrs Hay has a personal interest as she is a neighbour of the applicant.

 

3.                  Gigaclear

Jo Scarrott, Gigaclear, sent her apologies.  She will attend the next council meeting.  Graham Long (Blackdown Parish Network) updated the council.  The cabinet is due to ‘go live’ at the end of the month.  Mr Long confirmed that there is no longer a £100 connection charge and the monthly charges have changed.  On a separate note, Gigaclear has announced today that it is running significantly behind schedule in delivering superfast broadband across Devon & Somerset.  Gigaclear is in the process of presenting a new plan to Connecting Devon & Somerset (CDS) and communities will be kept informed of progress through elected representatives and on the CDS website.  www.connectingdevonandsomerset.co.uk/gigaclear-delays/      

 

4.                  Minutes from previous meetings

PROPOSAL:  The council minutes of the meetings of 13th August & 10th September are approved.     

PROPOSED:  Mr Langford 

SECONDED:  Mrs Weekes

DECISION: passed (all in favour)

 

5.                  Public Participation

None reported.

 

6.                  Planning

Applications considered for:-

6.1      18/01260/FULL.  Change of use of agricultural land to mixed agricultural and equestrian, erection of a timber-framed barn and construction of a manege.  Poachers Rest, Clayhidon.

PROPOSAL:  The council objects to this application and makes the following comments:- The planning application makes no reference to the existing large green shed on the site; the site location plan is misleading as the information provided for the track is incorrect; the manure heap is positioned above the adjacent ditch and this will drain into the river Culm, via local properties; there is no mention of any hard surface between the proposed stable and manege and so the pc has welfare concerns around the horses moving between manege and stable block; any such trackways would provide additional water run-off issues; the applicant has not demonstrated an agricultural/equine need for the additional barn on site, bearing in mind the capacity of the existing large green shed which has significant fresh air room in its eaves; the applicant has made changes to the field shelter, fencing, tracks which are unlawful; there has been no engagement with the parish by the applicant and the pc fails to see how this application can be approved without seeking the outstanding information.

 

The parish council requests that the planning application be re-submitted showing the complete location plan with large green barn and new trackways. If there were to be changes to the field shelter included as well, this would need additional consideration as the pc believes that the large green barn has more than enough room for a workers’ rest/welfare space. Furthermore, there are issues with the drainage of the site.  There is local knowledge of significant water-logging across the whole area from Hidonfields to the large ponds to the north and west which then runs onto the road.  This requires specialist environmental analysis/Environment Agency comment before more work is done. It is proposed that the planning officer visits the site with the parish councillors to ensure that all available information is aired.

PROPOSED:  Mr Langford 

SECONDED:  Mr Blackmore

DECISION: passed (all in favour)

Permission granted noted for:-

6.2      18/01322/PNAG.  Prior notification for the erection of an agricultural storage building.  Beamley bungalow, Hemyock.

6.3      18/01201/HOUSE.  Erection of single-storey rear extension following demolition of existing lean-to.  Little Rosegarland, Clayhidon.

 

While talking about planning, it was noted that Ten Oaks is being marketed.  The parish council predicted this would happen when the initial application was submitted.  It is disappointed with the way in which MDDC handled the planning application and the clerk was instructed to write to MDDC asking for a full review to be conducted and for any outcomes as a result of the review to be sent to the parish council.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

7.                 Matters Arising

7.1            A joint application with Hemyock Parish Council has been submitted to MDDC’s Communities Together Fund applying for funds towards name signs for the various parcels of land around the parish under the control of the parish council.

7.2            The clerk will submit a bid to Devon County Highways Community Enhancement Fund toward funding for lengthsman works over the winter. 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

8.                  District Council Report

Councillor Frank Rosamond reported:-

MDDC cabinet has been looking at the possibility of Exe Valley AONB, it has introduced or updated policies such as building services recharges, gas safety policy, neighbourhood management plans, asset management scheme, customer care policy, channel access strategy, historic local agreement scheme.

Budgets – MDDC is slightly ahead of budget currently but need to save an additional £1m over the next three years.

Premier Inn development is progressing.

Tiverton Masterplan – a further phase will be out for consultation shortly.

 

9.      County Council Report

Councillor Ray Radford reported:-

The white line changes to Rosemary Lane/Callers Lane have been agreed.  Devon County Highways is scrutinising the work of its contractor, Skanska.  Following a recent audit of the contents of black sacks, 30% were found to contain food which should have been recycled.  Nevertheless, Devon is 4th best recycler in the country.  Councillor Radford reminded the council of the various funds he has available for grants.  Clerk to apply for grant for a projector.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

10.             Finance

Income, expenditure & bank reconciliation

INCOME

1.        

1.49

Interest

EXPENDITURE

1.        

255.90

D Evans

Clerk’s wages and expenses

2.        

49.20

HMRC

PAYE

3.        

39.00

C Houghton

P3 Footpath works

 

BANK RECONCILIATION

Community a/c

8,247.81

Business Manager

5,837.20

 

 

Total

14,085.01

 

PROPOSAL:  The income is agreed and the above cheques/payments are paid/agreed.  PROPOSED:    Mr Bendle 

SECONDED:   Mrs Weekes

DECISION: passed.  (all in favour).    

 

11.             Clerk Report

11.1    Cyclists/campers paid £75 this year to use the field.  They have requested permission to use the field again next year on 31st May.  Mr Bendle will confirm this date is acceptable with the clerk.  

11.2     The Pound – yearly license expires end of October.  Council agreed that if the site is cleared by the end of October a new one-year licence will be granted.  If the area is not cleared then the council will arrange for it to be cleared, the invoice will be sent to the tenant and no further licence will be granted.

 

MB/

Clerk

 

12.             Highways

Nothing to report.

 

13.             Footpaths

Nothing to report.

 

14.             Blackdown Hills Parish Network

Next meeting will be held on 16th November with local MPs.

 

15.             Clayhidon Charity & Mary Parsons Gift Trust

Nothing to report.  

 

17.         Items raised by Chairman

Nothing to report.

 

18.             Items raised by Councillors

Mrs Weekes suggested the ‘no entry for HGVs’ signs should be erected.  Clerk will ask Mr Drew to pass the signs to Mrs Weekes who will arrange for Mr Houghton to erect them. 

 

Clerk/

AW/RD

19.    Date of next meeting

Planning meeting Monday 12th November at 7.30pm (if required) or Monday 10th December at 7.30pm Parish Hall.

 

 

Meeting closed at 9.30pm

Comments